copyright

Copyright 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 for all original literary content by author(s)

14 February 2012

Yeah, that day.

It was five years ago on Valentines Day. She was my pretty and soulful "spiritual friend" and co-worker. She stopped by my office at quitting time, and suggested we take our two shredded hearts out for a drink.

Walking along the busy sidewalk, we stopped before a shop window and looked at a t-shirt design mocking Valentines Day. Wordlessly, she took my hand, and we walked along knowing the other understood. I look back on this day with such regret of missed opportunities, and I with a bitter-sweet hope, like to think she does, too.

What could have been... What I should have done... How things might be different if only...

Yes. I know, now.

I should have bought that shirt.

;-)
WCG+ 14-Feb-2012

No comments: