copyright

Copyright 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 for all original literary content by author(s)

13 August 2010

Perseids, Freight Trains and Priestsong


Glass of sweet red Llano wine, a cigar,
sitting on the front porch looking up
at Cygnus and Vega, 

a train in the distance
lightly sounding its departure,
the six little flashes of light
would not have been worth the effort
if there had been any. 



A warm and gentle Texas night.
Snuff the cigar and stay, 

watching,
in the moment. 

Minutes pass, a brilliant
green and white streak
all the way across
my view through the pecan trees.  


Comes to mind,
Thou who hast made the Pleiades and Orion
;
and then I think of priestsong and standing alone
singing intimately to God on behalf of others
watching on. 
No one else sees me now. More time passes.
I head inside,
thinking I can sleep.

No comments: