copyright

Copyright 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 for all original literary content by author(s)

07 November 2012

Aggie Tradition

From today's presentation at College Station honoring my grandfather (who died when I was an infant).

I am not an Aggie, but when Aggies talk about "tradition" -- that the university remembers and honors their own so long after-- it means something... something important.


Plaque presented to my family and me in honor of my grandfather, the first Texas A&M PhD recipient.

The reference to heroism was an act he made saving a boy's life that was recognized by the Carnegie Medal of Heroism. This award provided money to be used for his education. My grandfather wisely selected Texas A&M and continued his education.
WCG+ 7-Nov-2012

No comments: